Make Affirmation Cards for Free Arts
Free Arts uses affirmation cards serve as a basis for reflection, promote positive thinking, and allow children in their programs to focus on their strengths rather than their weaknesses. In our longer-term programs, they reinforce the progress that the children have made with mentors and teaching artists during their time together.
- Divide your cardstock into four sections. Each section should be about the size of an index card, or 3”x5,” no bigger than your hand.
- Write a positive phrase, inspirational quote, or affirming words in the square.
- Design different looks and/or themes for each one. Be creative! Use many different colors, texts, and design elements. Make sure each one is unique! (Please do not use quotes pertaining to religion, romantic relationships, or material that is inappropriate for children. Your word choice should reflect the developmental level of a wide age range of children.)
- Cardstock or Paper
- Tape or glue
- Pens, markers, crayons, or pencils
- Inspirational quotes, positive phrases, affirming words
Package your creations and send to
352 E Camelback Rd.
Phoenix, AZ 85012
When you register a list of sample affirmations will appear as the Waiver. Affirmation suggestions are in both English and Spanish.
Please seal any envelopes using a wet sponge or glue stick
Click to learn more about Free Arts